Menu

What's the best ADHD book out there?

Some of my favorites are:

Taking Charge of ADHD (and others) by Russell A. Barkley

Right-Brained Child in a Left-Brained World by ?

The Myth of the A.D.D Child: 50 Ways to Improve Your Child's Behavior and Attention Span Without Drugs, Labels, or Coercion by Thomas Armstrong (bad title, great ideas!)

HTH!

Tami

Healing ADD by Dr. Daniel Amen. In this book, he provides a range of suggestions to address issues related to ADD /ADHD including changes in diet, exercise, supplements, herbal remedies, cognitive behavioral strategies, suggestions about parenting, coaching and marital relationships.

That being said, I think that there are many plausible explanations for the etiology of ADD; although one child's issues may appear to be very similar to an other's, each may have an entirely different set of causal factors, and may benefit from very different approaches to remediate them.

I love all of Amen's books. Russell Barkley's book.

And love love love _How to Get Your Child Off The Refrigerator And On to Learning_ In terms of practical advice it's the *bomb*

I also love _The Explosive Child_ for the child who melts down, looses it, freaks out, overreacts, etc. Honestly, both editions have valuable info....some significantly different. I'd read the first, skim the most recent.

All the best,

Katherine