Menu

FWIW...SAT scores are up on line

We just checked ds's scores and they did go up a little. Not the bounce we'd hoped for, but his writing went up by 40 points, so that was good. His essay was the same, cr the same and math up by 10.

We are still happy though, at least they didn't go down LOL. We are in the middle 50 for all his schools of choice, so we will cross our fingers.

We were really glad to get the writing section up to 610, we'd been really surprised by his first 570. He'd always done better on that section of the PSAT, so we weren't sure what went wrong the first time. Overall, we hit 1900 and all his scores are pretty even, so he should look relatively balanced.

I'll just be glad when all the apps go out the door and I can quit worrying about getting them done. Then we can start worrying about when we will hear back!!!

I'll just be glad when all the apps go out the door and I can quit worrying about getting them done. Then we can start worrying about when we will hear back!!!

:iagree:

And we have to have them out by the end of next week...I'll be so glad to have them done. (Then we're gonna sweat till Dec.17 as that's when his 1st choice school mails acceptances.)

As I recall, it took much longer last year for the October PSAT scores to post than it does for the SAT scores. I think the reason is that the SAT scores in October and November get a heightened priority because of the needs of the senior students applying for early action and early decision at colleges. If you have not set up an account on the college board website, I would do that first. It is free and there are loads of information available. We have found it to be pretty helpful.

HTH

Thanks for the heads-up, Sharon! And congratulations to your son.

My dd's score on the CR and Math went up a total of 80 points! Her writing score went down, however. But nevermind! It's the first two that most colleges look at and we are thrilled and proud of her.