Menu

Looking for a new Science program

JaniceO

We started homeschooling in July of this year. I bought 3 levels of Singapore My Pals Are Here Science for my boys (Earlybird for my 1st grader, Level 3 for my 3rd grader and Level 5 for my 5th grader).

My older 2 boys have just finished the book A for each of their levels. We hated it. They thought it was boring. I feel like it wasn't enough. It was impossible to individually teach all 3 levels, so they were kind of on their own and that really didn't work out so well.

So, can anyone recommend a secular science program where I can combine a 1st grader, 3rd grader, and 5th grader? We've been doing science 2 days a week, just for longer sessions.

Thanks.

We started homeschooling in July of this year. I bought 3 levels of Singapore My Pals Are Here Science for my boys (Earlybird for my 1st grader, Level 3 for my 3rd grader and Level 5 for my 5th grader).

My older 2 boys have just finished the book A for each of their levels. We hated it. They thought it was boring. I feel like it wasn't enough. It was impossible to individually teach all 3 levels, so they were kind of on their own and that really didn't work out so well.

So, can anyone recommend a secular science program where I can combine a 1st grader, 3rd grader, and 5th grader? We've been doing science 2 days a week, just for longer sessions.

Thanks.

This was exactly my experience with Singapore. ugh. I have learned the hard way (via $90 wasted on SS) that at our house, content subjects must be taught to all the kiddies at the same time. I'll watch this thread carefully.

I haven't used it (in fact, science is our weakness here.... we mostly read books off and on... but that's another story), but I was eyeing Easy Classical. It's on my short list to consider for next year.... http://www.easyclassical.com/ Oh, I just noticed their homepage says Classical Christian.... but you might still look at the books they choose - it might be able to be done in a secular way.