Menu

MP Enrichment

happynurse

Are the books used in the MP K Enrichment program the same ones listed in their 'K Read Alouds' package? Or does the Enrichment program use more/different books than their listed Read Alouds?

Also I'd love to hear your experiences with the MP Enrichments. I ordered K  (and the art cards) because it looks like it will help me incorporate things that otherwise I probably wouldn't make time for (poetry, art study, for example). Any tips on how you incorporated it during your homeschool day? I was thinking of using it in a morning-basket type set-up, but I'd love to hear your practical tips! (FWIW - our other programs are Rightstart A/B and Logic of English Foundations, both of which I already own). 

My oldest starts K in the fall, so despite all my online research ( ;) ) I'm essentially a first-timer.

Thanks!!

The enrichment is different from the read-aloud. The enrichment covers the books for science, history, and poetry, I think. The read alouds are just for enjoyment. Personally, for kindergarten, I think the enrichments is excessive but I have older kids and my youngest get enrichment through a lot of that.

The kindergarten enrichment has 5 sections.  

The read aloud -- this is the read-aloud package that MP sells.  The enrichment guide has questions and activities particular to these books. 

A science topic and a history/social studies/culture topic.  Probably about 2/3 of the time there is a suggested book to go with these -- these are from the supplemental science & social studies package.  These books are picked because they are age appropriate, good books applicable to the topic.  But you could use any book on the topic.  

Then there is a music and art selection.  They have just come out with a new K-2 music guide so the selections in that guide and the enrichment guide don't line up right now.  Whenever they reprint the enrichment guide, it will be changed.  

The enrichment guide lists read aloud as Monday, music & art as Tuesday, Poetry as Wednesday, Thursday as History, and Friday as science.  You could do them in any order you wanted.  

We've done most of the K book and are moving into the 1st soon.  We don't get to everything each week.  It just depends.  We do it as a morning time type thing but in the afternoon after our table work is finished. 

• Like 2