Menu

TT or MUS prealgebra

3girls4me

Hi ladies. My daughter is in sixth grade and we are finishing up rod and staff 6 pretty soon. Her background has been horizons math, a short time with CLE and now rod and staff for the past two years. I feel like she is fairly solid with math. We plan to do Derek Owens pre-algebra next year. But I really want to get some extra review in there before we start DO. Was thinking of one of these two programs for that practice. Any thoughts on which might be best to wedge in between what we are using now and the actual prealgebra year? We'll have about 5 months. Not worried about cost. We will use again later.

Thanks!

Hi ladies. My daughter is in sixth grade and we are finishing up rod and staff 6 pretty soon. Her background has been horizons math, a short time with CLE and now rod and staff for the past two years. I feel like she is fairly solid with math. We plan to do Derek Owens pre-algebra next year. But I really want to get some extra review in there before we start DO. Was thinking of one of these two programs for that practice. Any thoughts on which might be best to wedge in between what we are using now and the actual prealgebra year? We'll have about 5 months. Not worried about cost. We will use again later.

Thanks!

Honestly, R&S's math is so good that your dd does not need to do anything else before Derek Owens. Also, are you *sure* you *need* DO? R&S's math is pretty good in pre-algebra, even though the book title doesn't say it's pre-algebra.

MUS is not what you're looking for. It's sort of a catchall for the random concepts that weren't covered during the extreme mastery elementary books.

TT maybe? Use the placement test.

Unless R&S is no longer working I'd just start the next book and stop whenever you're ready to start DO. You can probably let her test out of the early chapters that assume summer brain rust has set in.

Honestly, R&S's math is so good that your dd does not need to do anything else before Derek Owens. Also, are you *sure* you *need* DO? R&S's math is pretty good in pre-algebra, even though the book title doesn't say it's pre-algebra.

Do you mean R&S 7th and 8th books?

I'm not sure my daughter "needs" DO, but I do 😂!!!

I'm ready for someone else to do the teaching. I understand math and can do it, but it's not my strong suit when teaching!!

• Like 1

MUS is not what you're looking for. It's sort of a catchall for the random concepts that weren't covered during the extreme mastery elementary books.

TT maybe? Use the placement test.

Unless R&S is no longer working I'd just start the next book and stop whenever you're ready to start DO. You can probably let her test out of the early chapters that assume summer brain rust has set in.

This is definitely one of our options!