Menu

AMC signed up - now what?

Hi there!

So our local high school agreed to have us take the AMC 10 there for the first time (after some assistance from the principal...) So now what? Is there anything my ds needs to fill out differently like homeschool code or anything? Anyone shed any light on this? Any other tips for us?

Thanks!

My oldest took it at the high school years ago, so my information may be outdated.  At the time he took it, there was no homeschool code.  My son's test results were included in with the rest of the students who took the test at the high school.  After the test, it took quite a while for the school to then release my son's test results.  After that experience, I paid for my kids to have the librarian proctor the test so I get the test results in a timely fashion. 

Your son will not be able to use a calculator on the exam, but my kids always bring extra scrap paper and a compass and protractor with them.  (I am not sure if they use them, though.)

Good luck to your son.

• Like 1

All the tests get turned in under the school's name.

He should be able to write his answers on the test book and take it home with him. The answers will be available about 24 hours later on the Art of Problem Solving website. If he does well enough to qualify for the AIME I'd tell the school coordinator that unofficially you are giving them a heads up that you think he qualified and will await official grading. That gives everyone more time to plan for the AIME.