Menu

Birthday gift for 1 yr old

KatieJ

From Grandma.  They don't need toys, or clothes, or anything. 

However, it is his first birthday, so I have to get something! 

He loves music, blocks and just starting to get interested in cars.

Mom and Dad prefer wooden kind of toys.

He has an older brother so they have lots . 

Any ideas?

Board book and check, for whatever you can afford no matter how small, for college fund. And a letter to put away for when he's older about you and your thoughts about him. Some of My children's grandparents spend tons of money they don't have to buy lots of stuff we don't need. I end up donating or selling it because really there is a limit in the amount of toys we need. I truly wish they would take the above advice, which I have given. One year olds really only want to eat the wrapping paper and bows.

Edited by MotherGoose
  • Like 1

Board book and check, for whatever you can afford no matter how small, for college fund. And a letter to put away for when he's older about you and your thoughts about him. Some of My children's grandparents spend tons of money they don't have to buy lots of stuff we don't need. I end up donating or selling it because really there is a limit in the amount of toys we need. I truly wish they would take the above advice, which I have given. One year olds really only want to eat the wrapping paper and bows.

I do make photo albums (scrapbooker) for each of my grands .They are full by about age 5, then I give it to them.

• Like 1