Menu

Transcript gurus, need you!

Have you ever given more than a full credit for a yearlong course?

The one I'm considering is an AP Comp and Lit course that wasn't through the public school but through a very demanding college/dual enrolled course.

Also, is there a transcript "expert" out there who wouldn't mind looking over our transcript today and tell us what you think? If so, please pm me. I want to get it all in today. It's two pages and no course descriptions.

Thank you!!

(Xposted on college board)

Edited by TwoEdgedSword

No. I never awarded more than a full credit for any course, including college courses taken in high school. Both of my girls graduated with about 60 semester units of college coursework. Just because a course is rigorous doesn't make it worth more credits than a comparable course. 

AP Comp and Lit is traditionally awarded 1 credit, and personally I think that anything more would look like transcript padding. The added reward will occur if your student does well on the AP exam and is awarded credit for the course by her university. 

• Like 5

I was going to ask this question later in the school year.  We are doing biology with Oak Meadow and it is listed as 1.5 credits.  Dd is also taking an outsourced English lit and composition class that is also listed as 1.5 credits.  I didn't know if I should just list them as one credit each or not, but was leaning towards doing that.  

• Like 1

I never gave any AP or other course more than one credit.  I did have an issue in 9th and 10th grade, in that dd did both a traditional English class at home and did one of the very reading-heavy Great Books Literature classes online.  At first, I just sucked it up and combined them into one class with 1 credit.  I did that on the transcript we turned into the UCs.  However, for the two Common App schools she applied to, I listed them as the two different classes, giving 1 credit each.  In truth, that was exactly what happened, so it was right to reflect it on the transcript that way.

• Like 1