Menu

The laundry never stops...Christmas Edition

LisaKinVA

This year, we had a theme for Christmas:  A Good Night's Sleep.

So, kids got:

• new pillows
  • new bedding (very much needed, my 17 year old still had dinosaur sheets from when he was 6, girls got new-to-them twin beds, etc).  Bedding includes a 2" gel mattress topper, new duvet covers, oldest dd got an entire set)
  • new PJs
  • new socks (and underwear)
  • ome new (and new to them) Ikea furniture (which kept us up very late assembling).
  • Shower & personal hygiene items
  • a book (two got their adult Bibles)
  • and one other non-bed-related gift.

Plus, gifts from the grandparents.

Of course, all of the new sheets, duvet covers, socks, underwear, etc. have to be washed.  Plus, some of the old-re-purposed stuff has to be washed (old pillows that will be doubled-up into the shams, boys' old comforters which will go into the new duvet covers, old blankets and sheets to either be stored or given away). My laundry over-flows.

In other news...I've spent the morning spending my "Christmas and Birthday" money at Amazon.  Instapot, Rice Cooker (because we often have to do both at the same time -- and summers here are brutal in the kitchen).  My husband had not a clue what to buy (even though I've been putting stuff in the Amazon cart for months....:( )

• Like 4

I'm doing the same but because we've had barf here and probably the real flu. Different from the barf, causing people to sweat through sheets and blankets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel your pain...the barf hit here Friday night. Not the flu, though.  Only one child.  Instead of trying to clean up the dry-clean only stuff, we just threw it out (oldest dd woke up in the middle of the night and just threw up all over her bed).  The new set was under the tree (and is machine washable).

More barf.

In the shower. So all the towels shower curtains....

No less in the middle of the night. Which meant that while barfy child was "hogging" the bathroom, there was a steady stream of people needing to potty in MY bathroom. Grand Central Station.

And at 5:30 am one child knocked on my door to tell me. "I can't sleep." (not the sick kid.)

I almost welcomed wake up time so I could quit TRYING to sleep.