Menu

Would you do this? Are we crazy? -Ignore this, meant to post to chat board, sorry

**I know I'm asking for trouble, by asking you to ignore, but I meant to post this to the Chat Board!"***

My dh works remotely and through an error on someone else's part, we have no in-network providers. It is a narrow network and we live outside the narrow network. There is no way to fix it. So, we are considering getting our preventive care (the no-cost at time of service stuff) by driving 6 hours to the city in which his company is located and getting it done in-network. We would then get those records sent back to our regular providers so they have complete records. Otherwise, we pay all charges out of pocket, up to the deductible and then 60% is covered by the insurance company. 

Would you just eat all that preventive care to put it towards the deductible or take a little trip for a couple of days and get it all done for no cost at the time of service?  We don't use that much besides the preventive, maybe a couple of sick visits a year. I have to get bloodwork a couple of times a year, and if we do this, I was thinking of asking the in-network PCP to issue a standing order to Quest, which is in-network, so that is covered at the in-network rate. My kids see an ophthalmologist once a year, might get that done there to only have to pay the co-pay.

Our only other option is to spend significantly more on the marketplace and get a local plan. The two available to us, I would lose my PCP whom I love, or we lose the kids ophthalmologist, pediatrician (best pediatrician ever), and my ob/gyn.

WWYD?

Edited by scholastica