Menu

Who does this?

chiguirre

I just had to tell the neighbor kids that they couldn't roll their human hamster ball around in my yard. Seriously? Their parents were standing in the cul de sac watching their kids do this.

No, I don't want to be liable if your kid breaks their arm in my yard using your somewhat dangerous toy. No, I don't want 8 kids (none of them mine) and a huge ball tearing up my grass. Duh!

What is wrong with people?

ETA: I might have become that old woman yelling, "Get off my lawn!" Except, it's a freaking human hamster ball.

Edited by chiguirre
  • Like 3

I'm sure the neighborhood kids think I'm awful. I had to run the next-door neighbor kid and his friends off my yard once because there were 6 or more of them (about 10 years old) throwing sticks and things around my car in my driveway, banging into my garage door, etc (and my kid was in the house). I've also had to repeatedly tell him to quit using the side of my house as a backstop for soccer practice (most recently at age 16, but multiple times over several years), to keep his dog from crapping on my lawn (she was out loose while he was playing basketball in the driveway right next to her while she did it--also at about 16 the last time, but multiple times over the years), etc.

Of course, I had to go ask his father once to please stop flying his (the father's) remote control helicopter outside our bedroom window after midnight (he crashed it into our screen porch once) and to please stop sending their large, loud dog out alone in the dark in the winter at 5:30 am and letting her bark for 10 min straight to come inside, every morning for several days (once would one thing, but repeatedly is quite another). The houses are quite close together, and our bedroom is on the back corner of the house next to their house. They always seem totally surprised that any of this would bother anyone.....

Edited by KarenNC
  • Like 1