Menu

Best cruise to take?

We are letting our senior dd choose a family trip next year for her senior trip. She has never been on a cruise and thinks she would like to do that. However, she is clueless about where and with what cruiseline. The kids have never been out of the country so the options are open. We would be going as a family so there would be five of us (yes, that makes the cabin options limited but oh well.) The other two will be 11 and 4 at the time. DH and I have only been on one cruise and that was with Carnival to Cozumel. It was fine but I don't think I want to do Carnival again. We love Disney but she is not real interested in doing a Disney cruise with 10,000 preschoolers on board. Any thoughts or suggestions for her?

Dh and I were on Royal Caribbean and loved it as a newly married couple. I've also heard wonderful things about Princess.

But, do give Disney another look. They have quite a bit of adult only areas. My concern with the other cruise lines with a family would be the shows. I'd just not trust them not to have lots of jokes and themes that are too adult for my kids. With Disney, that concern isn't there.

That said, I've not yet been on a Disney Cruise. We're taking our first in Jan. We had to decide between Disney and the other cruise lines. What put us over the edge to Disney was the entertainment for the entire family. We knew it'd be appropriate (and who can turn down their "When You Wish Upon a Star" horn?! LOL).

Good luck with your decision! I LOVE to travel and plan trips. I think I was a travel agent in a former life!! LOL

I just have to chime in! My oldest dd is also a Senior and my husband's family is taking her on a cruise for a graduation present!!! I'm not going..and neither is my husband (our 14yo and 6yo children are autistic and we could never get them on a plane...and we aren't even sure they'd go on a boat, no matter how big. Not to mention that we're afraid that our 6yo would fall overboard -- seriously...she adores water so much that she has no fear when it comes to that.)

But it will be my SIL and her hubby and their two boys (ages 13 and 12), another SIL and her hubby and their 6yo. My mother-in-law, my 17yo daughter and my 9yo son (Grandma will do a good job of watching out for both of them and they're sharing her cabin / stateroom / whatever it's called)

My daughter is SOOO excited!!! She's never been out of the country either! Which reminds me that I need to get passports for both of them -- so don't forget to do that!! Passports are now needed for the Caribbean!