Menu

Phonics Songs?

ReadingMama1214

We are currently working through OPG with my almost 5 year old. I'm looking for music to reinforce the phonograms. I'd love a song or two that teaches the basic 26 phomograms and then more advanced ones. Does any such song exist? My kids love learning by song. Preferably looking for songs that I can find on iTunes or MP3 download.

• Like 1

I second Letterland as a really fun option. We love all the characters and how their personalities match how the letters behave in words!

My daughter is especially partial to the Jolly Phonics songs and hand motions for each phonogram. You can find them on youtube and soon you'll be singing "Ah ah, ants on my arm!" (skip to my loo) and so on. 

• Like 1

Letterland is a whole phonics program. There are youtube videos, booklets, books, hand motions, etc. If you live in NC at Tweetsie Railroad they do a Letterland day several times a year. Totally cute.

My DS learned his phonics, how to read and spell with this program. He is awesome at all. I loved when he came home from PS and would sing his little songs. It's the only thing I praise about his PS.