Menu

Ideas for Lit Program for 9th

My dd has some health issues that, of course, flared our second week of school. It has been about a month and we have be doing what she can when she can. It is clear that we may need to make some changes since she is not improving and may have a long year.

We have agreed that switching from EIW to more of a workbook Grammar/Comp program that she can just get done without a lot of thought we be a more realistic approach this year.

Now I need to find something similar for lit. analysis. We spend a lot of time talking about foreshadowing and symbolism in tv and movies. She is very intuitive in these areas and picks up easily on stuff.

I need to find something that will allow her to review lit terms with good examples. I don't think we are going to have much heavy reading or papers this year with the way she has been feeling. I need another Git R Done type program that will allow me to give her a full English credit this year.

Any suggestions? I would like to use WttW with the Jill Pike syllabus next year.

I was going to suggest the same. We haven't done the whole thing, but the parts we did dd really enjoyed. There are really meaty discussion questions which you can turn into essay prompts if you like. In some cases there is a novel, play, or short story version that you can read before or after for further analysis and that does beef it up. 

• Like 1