Menu

XPost: Jacobs Algebra

Cross-posted at High School Board

I'm following the syllabus in the Teacher's Guide for Jacobs Algebra published by AskDrCallahan.com. They've broken down the lessons into a handful of problems. I don't see any advice about what to assign for homework. What have others done?

Um, my stuff had a schedule.  I had to print it off.  But it had semester I and semester II assignments.  In fact, one other thing to print is the test prep assignments.  We ended up doing tests by chapter(not after 3-4 chapters) and they have a list of exactly which problems the test questions come from.  This helped me assign work better to prep for a test....so maybe set 1 was more exposure to the test than set II and I would say do set I, but consider doing set II as well.  If it were evenly split I would just tell them only half will be on the test, so do both sets if you want to be really prepared ;-)

But it's on the teacher disk.  you can print out the semester assignments.  

Ok I found it.  The teacher PDF.... page 9 shows the semester syllabus.  The assignment column is the problem set numbers to do.  

Edited by tess in the burbs
  • Like 1

Um, my stuff had a schedule.  I had to print it off.  But it had semester I and semester II assignments.  In fact, one other thing to print is the test prep assignments.  We ended up doing tests by chapter(not after 3-4 chapters) and they have a list of exactly which problems the test questions come from.  This helped me assign work better to prep for a test....so maybe set 1 was more exposure to the test than set II and I would say do set I, but consider doing set II as well.  If it were evenly split I would just tell them only half will be on the test, so do both sets if you want to be really prepared ;-)

But it's on the teacher disk.  you can print out the semester assignments.  

Ah. Thanks. I think the semester I and II assignments are the same as what is on the teacher disk. Alas, the computer which has the cd rom drive is down for the count and I'm using my spouse's computer which does not have a cd rom drive. Thank you for the suggestion of doing tests after each chapter. That makes much more sense to me. And, Eureka! I just turned to the back of the Teacher's Guide from Ask Dr. Callahan and found the problem outlines for Algebra I tests. 

My mind is a tad boggled. I finished the Chemistry syllabus yesterday.