Menu

question about Windows to the World- have you used it?

Hi,

I will be using the Windows to the World and I think I will be doing the syllabus by Jill Pike (?) to make it a year long course.  We will read To Kill a Mockingbird and Hamlet for sure and I am still researching another one for 14 year old boys.  I am not sure they would appreciate Jayne Eyre....

BUT my question is the amount of writing for the year.  Should I add another writing program to this?  I was thinking about doing Bravewriter Expository Essay, but doing it at home.  I have the  manual and basically I would be the teacher and would make it a 6-8 week course.  Would that be overload with the Windows to the World work as well???  T

My boys are 14 and will be 9th graders.  One is comfortable writing and the other one struggles.  I would love feedback from those who have used this program for the year.

Thanks

pam

I taught this in a coop with 8-9 graders. My experience was that students need a fair amount of work to bring their writing up to an academic tone and to be skilled with using quotations in a non clunky way.

I probably wouldn't add a second writing curriculum. I would consider making them submit rough drafts and do revisions of the assignments until they were pretty smooth.

Edited by Sebastian (a lady)