Menu

Spanish and Greek alphabet books

Sarah0000

Any suggestions for picture books for the Spanish and Greek alphabets, hopefully including the sounds and name of each letter and possibly sample words that begin with that letter? The Greek one would have to be geared towards English speakers but the Spanish one doesn't need to be.

I've seen a few translated Spanish alphabet books at the library but they do not include the full alphabet.

Some reviews I read said the Baby Learns Greek book doesn't have the right pronunciation. It says B has a sound like in book but reviewers say it should have a sound like an English V. What's the story with this? Is this Americanized sounds perhaps? Perhaps how sororities, fraternities, and mathematicians use Greek in their limited ways?

For Greek my son just wants to know the letter names and sounds, I think. I have no intention to pursue Greek further than that. So its not a big deal but I also don't want to learn something that's wrong.