Menu

My daughter doesn't like Brainware Safari

Mandarinmom

Sounds like I wasted money on it. To tell truth I was looking at what problems she was working with, most of tasks are very dull, the voice does not encourage to play. It says 'too bad, try again', doesn't sound as a good way to stimulate a child. We haven't received the disc yet, it was downloaded after purchasing from co-op. Do you know if it is resellable?

My understanding is that we can't re-sell it because what we purchased was really the license for a particular child. Any chance your dd might like it later if you just put it away for awhile?

My kids (7 and 12 yo) get frustrated with it some days, but I've told them that when the games get harder, that's when the game is really help their brain. One day when trying to help the 12 yo, though, my dh found an error in the game. I can't remember what it was, but I hope there aren't more.

The question is - Is it really worth going through all the troubles if she is not enjoing it. I understand any kind of brain work is good for the brain. I haven't seen any reviews anywhere that say that Brainware safari is the one. If the creaters of it say so, it doesn't mean that it is truth. We work also through a few books from the Critical thinking company, and she likes them, and looking forward every time. She is a child that likes about everything to learn, and especially if it is interactive on computer. If I have to drug her to this game every time, that is not the one for her. I looked at the problems she was woprking with, and I did not understand the value of most of them. I will call to the company tomorrow and ask them what to do. Doesn't is seem strange to you that there is no reviews anywhere? I only bought it for the last money because I saw that over 690 other Moms bought it from the co-op. So, I though they probably know what they are doing. Now I can not spare anything for WWE books, SOTW and Egypt book that she really loves and enjoys. I always get caught at this stuff, afraid that I may be holding my child back. I think I need to start trusting myself more.

Here's some research results for Brainware Safari. Average results were 4 yrs of cognitive development improvement and 1.11 yrs of academic improvement

http://www.brainwareforyou.com/professional/PDF/BWSGeneral.Research.Short.V3.1.11-28-07.pdf

This brain work is very different from Critical thinking books. For my dyslexic son it's worth the price. Much cheaper than cognitive therapy. It's also worth it to me to make him work on it every day wether he wants to or not.

• 2 months later...