Menu

Miller Levine Biology - lost teacher's access

I know this subject has been brought up before so I thought I would share my experience.  In 2013 I bought the new Miller Levine Biology book with teacher's access directly from Pearson.  I had to sign an affidavit stating that I was a homeschooler.  Used it for to dd and then did not use it last year.  When I went to sign on to my account the teacher's resources had disappeared. I have seen post that this has happened to others here.  Was not very hopeful and had even purchased Apologia Biology at a used book sale.  My thought was possibly combining the two books if I could get the teacher's resources back.  After reading an old post here that stated not to go through Pearson customer service, but instead to go through k12 tech support.  I sent an email yesterday, again not very hopeful.  They were very quick to respond and gave me things to try.  When that still did not work, they asked for my id and password and fixed the problem.  I now have my teacher's access back!  Very quick and very helpful.  Thought I would just post this in case it would be helpful for others.

• Like 3

If you paid for access for a certain number of years, it seems to me that they are in breach of contract if they remove it. Like, if you bought a pair of shoes and then the company came and took them back.

Except the teacher access pack was free and it is more like a Kindle book you've purchased disappearing from your Kindle - which happens.

Except the teacher access pack was free and it is more like a Kindle book you've purchased disappearing from your Kindle - which happens.

Oh, I guess I was confused because I have seen access packs listed on Pearson Oasis for one- and six-year terms, and those weren't free.

But still, if you purchase a product that comes with a free component, that's part of the product you purchased, no?