Menu

Eastern Cultures / History - what is out there for it?

frugalmamatx

I'm thinking ahead to next year since this year is all ready to go. I work a year ahead in picking up materials, so need at least a general idea of what I'm using now {although I am flexible to change if needed}. Next year would be dd's 6th grade year fwiw. 

I have Sonlight Core F, older version, on my shelves. But I'm concerned that SL probably will be too much for us again - while I love the program, we get bogged down in the books. This year to avoid that we're taking a lighter year and using Lifepac Grade 5 history {American History}. Is there something workbook based like Lifepac but that would cover Eastern History like SL? Bonus points if it's from a neutral or secular perspective, though I can edit religious based items if needed. 

BookShark has their grade 5 history which is Eastern Hemisphere. They JUST released their own text, so students no longer look everything up in an encyclopedia. It has student pages as well. I would look at that first - and you probably have most of he books, so you could buy the guides and not the whole package.