Menu

Cranberry beans?

My husband uses Cranberry beans in an old family soup recipe.

He soaks them overnight then cooks them with parsley, a couple of cloves of garlic, a can of tomato sauce, cut up salt pork, and water. When cooked, he mashes them through a colander to remove the skins. Then he takes the liquid and heats it to boiling (stirring constantly or otherwise it will burn) to cook the added spaghetti. Served with fresh homemade bread this is a favorite! (This is my husband's favorite meal; he'd pick it over Thanksgiving turkey!)

Regards,

Kareni

Edited by Kareni

My husband uses Cranberry beans in an old family soup recipe.

He soaks them overnight then cooks them with parsley, a couple of cloves of garlic, a can of tomato sauce, cut up salt pork, and water. When cooked, he mashes them through a colander to remove the skins. Then he takes the liquid and heats it to boiling (stirring constantly or otherwise it will burn) to cook the added spaghetti. Served with fresh homemade bread this is a favorite! (This is my husband's favorite meal; he'd pick it over Thanksgiving turkey!)

Regards,

Kareni

Thanks!!! :)