Menu

10th grade plan... review please

Roman Roads Media Old World Culture Greeks (live class)

Bravewriter- 2 classes (is this enough?)

Fundamentals of Literature- should have done last year, but doing it fall semester (BJU distance learning through Dec.)

Geometry

Biology

Spanish 2 (BJU right now, but I would like an affordable, online option that grades for me.  Completely independent.)

Logic (Roman Roads Media live class)

Starting Points (at home, but may look into a local class that is offered)

All his classes are out of my hands, except Spanish, which is what we need.  He is taking a CAD/Engineering Design computer class weekly and will begin music lessons again.

I'm needing electives.  I think the CAD class could count as one.  That will end in Sept./Oct. when he gets to 40 hours and receives a certificate of completion.  I was thinking about these options for electives.  Not sure what to use for them, but I am thinking about LifePac or Monarch.  I need something independent and grades for me, preferably, but independent is fine, too.

Business Info. Systems

Health (again... he did Abeka on his own, but his quiz and test scores weren't great.  I really don't want to have a C on his transcript for Health, which should have been easy.  But, this year has been his first year of tests/quizzes and learning how to study for them and take them.  What do you think?  Should I have him do it again?  He can test well and do well in a "real" class because he took Honors IPC at a co-op and performed well for a teacher.  He got a high B, almost an A.)

Geography (he didn't finish it this year.  Should we re-do this as a class?  Maybe try our first AP class through PA Homeschoolers?  I'm not afraid to push him.  He is college bound and could use the push and expectations.)

Speech (just doing IEW Speech boot camp or LifePac/Monarch)

I'm open to advice, suggestions, critique.  Thanks!