Menu

Favorite LCHF, Keto, etc. Recipes, Websites, Cookbooks

umsami

I am a very grumpy low-carber, but things are looking like two family members may need low carb meals on a more regular basis.  So I'm looking for meals which would appeal to low carb and "normal eaters".  I am going to try not to augment low carb meals with carbs for the non low carbers unless I have to as it's probably easiest if we just keep those foods out of our house for at least the next few months.   So please, give me your best recipes (any meals, snacks included), websites, books, etc.  I have some of the old George Stella cookbooks....also some Suzanne Sommers cookbooks which had some low carb recipes in it as well.

I know about oopsies/low carb bread, zoodles, parmesan crisps, etc.  Oh, I also have one or two almond flour and coconut flour cookbooks from Elena's Pantry.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ketorecipes

It's one of a million forums on reddit, so the web site is obviously not just for keto, but I get good ideas here. Like me you'll have to work around the numerous bacon-based recipes.  :D

We're a big fan of turkey bacon in the umsami household.  TJ's has a really good brand IMHO that we use to make a kind of basterma (pastrami in Egyptian-speak where ps and bs are interchanged) and eggs.  Basically, put a blob of olive oil in a medium pan, and then cut up the turkey bacon with kitchen shears into the hot oil.  Cook the bacon until well done and then add in 8 or so scrambled eggs and pepper.  Usually no salt needed because of the bacon.  If you use TJ's peppered bacon, then no pepper needed either (or just a tad).   Cook until eggs are to your desired likeness.  Yum. 

• Like 1

We're a big fan of turkey bacon in the umsami household.  TJ's has a really good brand IMHO that we use to make a kind of basterma (pastrami in Egyptian-speak where ps and bs are interchanged) and eggs.  Basically, put a blob of olive oil in a medium pan, and then cut up the turkey bacon with kitchen shears into the hot oil.  Cook the bacon until well done and then add in 8 or so scrambled eggs and pepper.  Usually no salt needed because of the bacon.  If you use TJ's peppered bacon, then no pepper needed either (or just a tad).   Cook until eggs are to your desired likeness.  Yum. 

Sounds delicious! We've been using some local lamb bacon, but it's expensive so it's occasional. If you like lamb, it's delicious, and it generates a lot of fat to be used for cooking eggs and veggies.

• Like 1

Sounds delicious! We've been using some local lamb bacon, but it's expensive so it's occasional. If you like lamb, it's delicious, and it generates a lot of fat to be used for cooking eggs and veggies.

I've never heard of lamb bacon. Interesting! I did see duck bacon once, though.  I'm not a fan of the beef bacon.  Not sure why, but I think the turkey and also veggie taste better to me.

• Like 1