Menu

Using Story of the World and A Child's Geography (Explore the Holy Land) together?

Anyone tried BOTH Story of the World and A Child's Geography (Explore the Holy Land and/or Explore the Classical World). I've been using Story of the World Volume 1 with my youngest (just got a little way in) but I just discovered and really like the writing in "A Child's Geography" and my older son will be home for us in 6th grade (going back to public school in 7th) so I was needing to cover geography and countries of the world in modern time too...which it looks like this will do. I was wondering if anyone here had used it and did you think it could be used WITH story of the world or would that be way too much together?   I don't know if I would use it with my youngest...his attention span is still a little low for that much reading.  But I thought of maybe supplementing with that for my oldest to bring in the geography?  Too much?

And, I couldn't find info on how long these books are supposed to take.  Is each book supposed to cover a whole year?  Half a year?  And do you need the first "Child's Geography" first?  I'm more drawn to the ones that connect geography and history.

Our co-op is actually doing Story of the World Volume 1 this year.  That's another thing to consider.

Thanks for your help/advice.

Edited by goldenecho

We use Child's Geography in our morning basket.  We just pick it up and read through a section over a month or however long it takes us.  I am sure to not rush the reading aloud - since it's all new for her.  I take my time with pictures, geography, looking on web for extra videos or documentary on the region that has interesting pics to fast forward to.

I'm not at all lining it up with SOTW.  That doesn't matter to me~

HTH