Menu

Need recommendations for swim goggles!

NoPlaceLikeHome

Do you have a specialty swim shop nearby? They can usually do a "fit" with goggles and find the best pair for your dc. The Vanquishers were the favorite for all of mine. Have you tried changing out the nose piece? My girls needed the smallest bridge on the women's Vanquishers. Ds needed the largest on the men's. How old is ds? Does he need the Jr version? The adult goggles typically will not work for younger children. I will say, the 2.0 do not work as well as the original!

• Like 2

Goggles are meant to fit tightly to the face to prevent leaks.  The "marks" should be temporary, and fade very quickly (as in, I get out of the pool, shower, dry off, change my clothes and the marks are gone).  Goggles require suction in order to prevent water leakage.  

The best fitting straps (easiest to adjust) are either the "oggle" strap by Speedo or the Sporti "bungee" straps.  These cost about $1.50-$3.00, and replace the straps that come with the goggles.

Using the bungee/oggle strap with numerous goggles seems to make the fit better even on the cheapest pair of goggles.

The Swedish goggles (no silicone edging) offer a great range of viewing, but can be very uncomfortable to get used to (they sit on the eye socket, vs. outside).

Also, make sure you're using the correct size.  My 10U tend to use the child's Vanquisher.  My 11-12 yo (boys/girls) used the women's Vanquisher, and my 13+ boys use the regular Vanquisher.  These different goggles have slightly different sizes for the google part and the nose widths.  Using the wrong size goggle will cause issues with fit that the Oggle/bungee won't fix.

• Like 1