Menu

Summer prep resources for Science in the Fall

There are many of us here who have kids taking demanding science courses in the Fall.  As such, I thought it would be good to list some Summer prep resources.  

Our son will be taking a fairly intense college chemistry course as dual enrollment this Fall.  It will be his first 'demanding' college course as a 10th grader.  While he satisfies all the prerequisites, I wanted to give him some Summer prep for it.  In doing some research, I found many high quality options.  For our down select, I had him begin listening to the lectures form several of these resources - all freely available.  His favorite is UC Berkeley's Chem 1A which we are using:

Berkeley eChem 101:

Two part Chemistry course from Rice U:

Chemistry 1 University of Kentucky:

AP Course prep from Khan Academy:
Edited by dereksurfs
  • Like 3

Woot!  Can we pin this?  I don't want to lose it!   And I had no idea Khan offered AP prep.  Thank you for the heads up.  

Yes, I didn't realize it either until they sent a recent email about their AP prep courses.  Its really amazing how much is freely available now.

We already have a chemistry thread pinned at the of the board, just add it there.

Yes, I thought about that originally.  However, I wanted to focus more specifically on prep resources for all science subjects.  

Edited by dereksurfs