Menu

Creating a Middle School Transcript (xp)

When we meet with the registrar at our local high school to sign up for part-time enrollment for our two classes, we will need to provide a middle school transcript.

I was wondering if anyone has a link to a template for creating such a transcript? I found plenty for high school and will modify one of those if I have to, but I am definitely not a Word expert. It would be ideal if there is one out there for the three years of middle school that already looks decent. Once I start hacking off the 4th section on some of these high school ones, things look wonky.

Thanks in advance.

Assuming this is for the public high school, if it were me, I'd keep it as simple as possible.  I'd offer nowhere near the detail that I'd include in a transcript for admission to private high school or to college.  At most, if a placement decision for math were riding on this transcript, I'd mention the text; however, that would not be typical, as most schools test for math and foreign language placement instead.

FWIW, I recently learned that the middle school transcript issued by one of my kids' B&M charter schools (which follows school district protocol) doesn't even include grades - it's a *very* simple course list with teacher name, just a verification that the courses were taken during a particular term.  (Language Arts 7, History 7, Science 7, Algebra 1 or Prealgebra or Math 7, etc., with zero description of the titled courses.)  I'd think such a transcript could be typed up in minutes, no special form necessary.  I'd guess this is a situation where less-is-more; if they need to know more, they'll ask.  It is a matter of pro forma paperwork, not a matter of persuasion.

Edited by wapiti
  • Like 1

Yes, our county allows homeschooled students to take up to two core curriculum classes (no electives) at the local public high school. My rising 9th grade son wants to try this, and it seems to be an easy way to get a free Spanish class. It is hard to find decent, secular options for languages locally. 

I like your idea, just a basic listing of classes without grades. He'll only be taking Spanish I and a history course, so it really is just a basic formality, most likely so that they can start a file on him prior to him enrolling as a part-time student.

Thanks for the input!