Menu

PAH AP Lit issue...help please?

I read on these forums that the AP Lit classes (DS is signed up to take it with Mrs Serbicki) start with morning meetings.

1. Could someone kindly explain what these meetings are like?

2. Are they daily meetings? (Asynchronous right?)

3. Does DS have to check in every day and complete something by the end of the day? Can he do it the next day instead?

Thanks. Trying to work out what that will be like if he has 8am classes that we have to drive to 2-3x a week and then drive to other on site classes throughout the day. He will be back home late (after 6pm) and wondering how that works with any daily deadlines/ time zone etc.

• Like 1

I read on these forums that the AP Lit classes (DS is signed up to take it with Mrs Serbicki) start with morning meetings.

1. Could someone kindly explain what these meetings are like?

2. Are they daily meetings? (Asynchronous right?)

3. Does DS have to check in every day and complete something by the end of the day? Can he do it the next day instead?

Thanks. Trying to work out what that will be like if he has 8am classes that we have to drive to 2-3x a week and then drive to other on site classes throughout the day. He will be back home late (after 6pm) and wondering how that works with any daily deadlines/ time zone etc.

Mrs. Serbicki does not have daily meetings.  The assignments for the entire week are posted on Tuesday morning and are due the following Monday by midnight.  Mrs. Serbicki holds a live class, usually once every other week.  However, attending these lectures is not mandatory.  My kids, due to scheduling conflicts, were not always able to make the live lectures, and they watched the recording of the lecture at a time that fit within their schedules.

• Like 2

Mrs. Inspektor's classes had "Morning Messages."  Is this perhaps what you heard about?  These were basically the daily lesson that often required some kind of response from the student at some point in the day to indicate that they had read it. really liked Mrs. I's Morning Messages. Several of the PAHS instructors use a similar format.

• Like 2

Mrs. Inspektor's classes had "Morning Messages."  Is this perhaps what you heard about?  These were basically the daily lesson that often required some kind of response from the student at some point in the day to indicate that they had read it. really liked Mrs. I's Morning Messages. Several of the PAHS instructors use a similar format.

Thank you Lisa, yes, I think this must have been what I read. I wasn't sure if Mrs S did the same. DS can respond the same day but it will be late and I wasn't sure what the time requirement was like given we are in the Pacific time zone.

I'll ask him to ask her anyway, just to safe.

Thanks so much everyone!

• Like 1

Thank you Lisa, yes, I think this must have been what I read. I wasn't sure if Mrs S did the same. DS can respond the same day but it will be late and I wasn't sure what the time requirement was like given we are in the Pacific time zone.

I'll ask him to ask her anyway, just to safe.

Thanks so much everyone!

We are on the west coast and didn't have any issues with response times, but it's good to give the instructor the heads-up.  Do keep in mind, that your student will still want to answer as early as possible. If Mrs. S's class is anything like Mrs. I's, it's easier to offer fresh insights if you are the 10th student to respond and not the 35th.

• Like 1

DS emailed Mrs S and quick update in case anyone wants to know...she confirmed snowbeltmom's post upthread!

In addition, she helpfully added that while her deadline is on Monday by midnight EST, she will allow students in different time zones to submit by their Monday midnight. :hurray: 

Thanks again everyone!