Menu

Upper level Singapore Math, where do we buy it from?

Janeway

I loved NEM and had planned to use it. Now, they only sell 1 and 2 and I am unsure how that would translate to American Levels, as in, what would a child go to next if they did 1 and 2, is that Algebra and Geometry? Or just one of those? Anyway, I saw a Discovery Mathematics book the other day and thought it looked great. But I cannot seem to find it online. Plus, I would like all reviews and information about it. I think I will cross post this on the high school board. Thanks!

I plan to use NEM and just buy levels 3-4 off amazon used books.  If you look on the FAQs on SM, they give the following advice:

1. After completing New Elementary Mathematics 2 or Dimensions Math® 8, what then?
    A student who has completed either of these should be able to do either a second year Algebra textbook (Algebra 2) or a Geometry textbook at the high school level. (A bright homeschooled student could potentially do a college level Intermediate Algebra or possibly a Pre-Calculus text, since there is so much repetition between different levels of college texts. However, not all geometry topics generally expected for high school and formal geometric proofs have not been covered.)

Here is the whole FAQ- http://www.singaporemath.com/FAQ_Secondary_Math_s/16.htm  Note they are comparing to their new program Dimensions Math for 7-8th grade and not to the old Discovering Math program.