Menu

Can I just say I am loving FLL3, 4 and Writing with Ease!

mompotter

Awesome. I just received FLL3 for my youngest and we are starting on Monday. I was using FLL and I started with Simply Grammar this year. However, I found it way too easy for her so I ordered FLL. However, I am using Writing aids through TOG for writing as of now. We'll see how it goes.

We love Writing with Ease! When I read through the text it made so much sense to me. We just finished Week 7 of Workbook 1 today and it's helping my dd with her comprehension skills. We're doing about two weeks per calendar week, which is working well for her since she's an older student. Workbook 2 arrived in the mail today and I think she'll be ready for that around January.

Thank you, SWB! :)

Awesome. I just received FLL3 for my youngest and we are starting on Monday. I was using FLL and I started with Simply Grammar this year. However, I found it way too easy for her so I ordered FLL. However, I am using Writing aids through TOG for writing as of now. We'll see how it goes.

I see you also have a 10 yr old. What are you using for your 10 yr old?

I feel like I have really failed my 10 yr old. I have been so lost in what to do over the past three years. I have switched back and forth and felt like he just hasn't gotten much. I am using Writing with Ease with him. Starting in year two and hoping to just jump ahead as he progresses. He is the one I am using FLL 4 with. Unfortunately if it isn't published soon we are going to run out of the samples soon. His reading and comprehension are probably as good as or better than mine, it is his writing I am worried about.

We love Writing with Ease! When I read through the text it made so much sense to me.

Me too. For the first time since I started homeschooling I felt like I understood what I was doing and more importantly WHY I was doing it. I finally understand why I should do copywork with them and dictation and narration.

Me too. For the first time since I started homeschooling I felt like I understood what I was doing and more importantly WHY I was doing it. I finally understand why I should do copywork with them and dictation and narration.

Hi Linda! I just had to say that I just discovered WWE too, and completely agree that it's wonderful. I, too, finally feel like it all makes sense. I love knowing what I'm doing, why, and where it's going.

FWIW, my 12yo sounds exactly like your 10yo so if you figure it out, let me know. :)

Hi Linda! I just had to say that I just discovered WWE too, and completely agree that it's wonderful. I, too, finally feel like it all makes sense. I love knowing what I'm doing, why, and where it's going.

FWIW, my 12yo sounds exactly like your 10yo so if you figure it out, let me know. :)

Good to see you here! Look forward to getting together soon!

Isn't it nice to use something that follows a logical sequence? :)

My 10 year old is doing FLL4 and Writing Tales 2. His older brother is going quickly through WWE 3 and 4 so I did not want them in the same book this year. My plan is to double up on WT2 this this fall so we can double up on FLL 4 when it comes out and complete both this year.

I see you also have a 10 yr old. What are you using for your 10 yr old?

I feel like I have really failed my 10 yr old. I have been so lost in what to do over the past three years. I have switched back and forth and felt like he just hasn't gotten much. I am using Writing with Ease with him. Starting in year two and hoping to just jump ahead as he progresses. He is the one I am using FLL 4 with. Unfortunately if it isn't published soon we are going to run out of the samples soon. His reading and comprehension are probably as good as or better than mine, it is his writing I am worried about.

My above post is a comment on this. I forgot to quote.