Menu

Any Delaware Parents Here? :)

Alicia64

Dh is looking at a job in Milford, DE. Could you recommend a super safe place to live near -- or in -- Milford.

We can pay $2,000 rent.

Love libraries, dog parks, beaches.

Safety always come first.

We homeschool, but still want to be in a good district.

Dh would love a 20 min. commute.

If you love living in DE, could you share what you love about it. How is it for homeschool?

Any thoughts?

And thanks!!

Alley

I'm not terribly familiar with Milford because I live upstate in Newark. I do know that you will want to stay as far north or west as possible to avoid the beach traffic during the warmer months.

I know that Cape Henlopen High School (in Lewes district) is highly regarded. Dover High in the Capital district is in a new, gorgeous, well-equipped building (I've been to Science Olympiad training sessions there). The administration at Dover and at Caesar Rodney High (in Caesar Rodney district) are both very welcoming to homeschoolers taking AP exams.

Homeschooling in Delaware is easy-peasy. All one needs to do is submit an attendance record (this number of kids in these grades, though you can do ungraded) in the fall and the spring (how many days you schooled---most just say 180ish days w/o counting).