Menu

When both parents leave the kids with a caretaker for a while

LMA

Hi,

Well, we're getting ready to go to Tanzania sans children next week. What legal forms should I leave with the caretaker for the children? I have a permission slip that the caretaker can have authorization for medical care. Is there anything else I need for permission for the caretaker? (Our wills are all set in case of our demise.)

Louise

We are going out of the country in less than two weeks. All three boys will be with my mother. We always make sure she has medical permission forms, their passports, shot records (if applicable), insurance cards, our complete itinerary, copies of wills and all possible contact info. We want to be certain she has everything she could possibly need and even more. :). She says she feels better knowing she has anything and everything. :)

We always make sure she has medical permission forms, their passports, shot records (if applicable), insurance cards, our complete itinerary, copies of wills and all possible contact info. We want to be certain she has everything she could possibly need and even more.

I also included a temporary power of attorney that allowed my sis to make more medical decisions than just permission to treat.