Menu

Does this history program exist?

HomeAgain

Before I reinvent the wheel :P I want to know if it does, in fact, already come prepackaged.

I want it divided into regions/people instead of strictly chronologically.  Starting with the Fertile Crescent and going through Sumer, Mesopotamia, Egypt, going toward China & India, coming back for Greece and Rome.

I want unit studies. 

I want it to be literature based, with projects to go with each chapter.  Real projects, not coloring pages.  We need out-of-seat work to balance in-seat.

I want it to be secular, or humanist.  I want every culture studied to be treated with the same dignity and respect.

I have SOTW, and while I sat down this month to make task cards and plan out weeks, I realized it's not exactly what I'm looking for, for this child.  I have the Newspaper series and Wouldn't Want To Be series, and after looking through I think I'll probably end up building around those.  But...........if someone has already done that for me I'd be willing to take a look. :)