Menu

History Odyessy Level 1 (or any level)Users

How do you you schedule the lessons? Is one lesson intended for one day or a week? Do you need A Child's History of the World by Hillyer ?(published by Calvert School) Are narrations part of HO level 1? Would you have rather just used the AG for SOTW? Why? Which would be easier to follow with a new baby? (My 5th is due early July)

My husband wants the kids to do something else besides just read and narrate, but I am not an arty/crafty person. Is HO easier in this regard? Thank you for answering.

Is there something else out there, secular, that uses SOTW and is easy to use?

Ds11 is doing early modern level 2 now. He does one lesson per day during a three hour allowed block of time. He NEVER takes the whole three hours unlees the lesson is to read a novel. We did level 1 Medival when he was younger. Those lessons were more time consuming. We used to skip a lot of the coloring because that was just about ds11's least favorite thing to do and I did not see the point in forcing it for history.

We are using Ancients level 1, and I have pretty much ditched it and am just using SOTW with the AG. A lot of the extra reading that HO suggests is the same as the reading the AG suggests. HO contains maps, so does the AG. Some of the craft projects are similar too. So I plan on finishing the SOTW series and then going back to HO for level 2.

HTH