Menu

What do you think of this hotel rule?

JumpyTheFrog

The legal issues you raise are generally non-starters, and no, you really can't make a good case for having damages if the hotel won't let you register without following their policies.

You also are assuming that this policy is not working for this hotel. If it is, then all of the brainstorming you suggest is moot.

Also, cancellation policies are generally most easily enforced with no shows/late cancellations. When a party arrives and the accommodations are unacceptable for some reason, a hotel has less leeway in enforcing the cancellation policy.

Well, show me the law. Because I continue to think that if we have entered into a binding contract with consideration paid, and IF this wasn't one of the terms and IF there were no term covering all rules and regulation (big ifs, I know) I think I could argue that their refusal to provide a room under the terms and conditions agreed to is a breach of contract, or at least that they can't actually encore this new rule against me. You insisting otherwise doesn't entirely sway me. Again, I would not choose to argue this except on a forum, lol.

And at the very very least I do think if those 'ifs' are in place, they can not charge me for the room when I cancel there at checkin.

Edited by Danestress

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, show me the law. Because I continue to think that if we have entered into a binding contract with consideration paid, and IF this wasn't one of the terms and IF there were no term covering all rules and regulation (big ifs, I know) I think I could argue that their refusal to provide a room under the terms and conditions agreed to is a breach of contract, or at least that they can't actually encore this new rule against me. You insisting otherwise doesn't entirely sway me. Again, I would not choose to argue this except on a forum, lol.

And at the very very least I do think if those 'ifs' are in place, they can not charge me for the room when I cancel there at checkin.

Those are huge "ifs" as every online booking has you agreeing to the policies and rules of the hotel.  As I have stated, the language in those policies is generally broad, and there is little likelihood that a policy requiring someone has minor children supervised at all times would constitute a breach if not specifically pointed out beforehand.

And you are correct - barring an unusual type of reservation, they generally will not charge you at check in if they have a rule that is not suitable for your stay. 

Hotels often have specific policies that you agree to at check in, the most common I encounter being the "no party" policy with Residence Inn.

• Like 1