Menu

Keep It or Sell It

Tanya in KS

I keep everything unless I hate it. I have 6 years between my oldest and middle. This year I only had to buy handwriting and spelling student books for my son. Everything else was already on my shelves. I also don't automatically upgrade when something new and better comes along, because I seldom buy anything new anyway. (If it were not for local used curriculum sales I would be in big trouble.)

For instance, although I like Prima Latina my son is using my daughter's Latin Primer text for Latin this year. I already have the entire series of Latin Primer books, and they are fine. If someone gave me the Latina Christiana series, I would love it, but it it not worth the funds to upgrade.

I do occasionally change though. When the second edition of TWTM came out I was surprised that SWB changed her grammar recommendations. I liked Abeka OK, so I had no intention of changing. The next year someone gave me a copy of R & S and I liked it so much that I started buying up the used copies as I found them. I now have R & S English for years 2-8 and the only one I paid full price for was year 8. They are nonconsumable! I will never have to buy grammar for my youngest two again!

There is a lot of clutter in my home, but my kids often say they like living in a library, and it allows me to homeschool on our limited income.