Menu

I'm about ready to hit the go button on his online classes. Can you take a quick peek at my line-up and let me know if anything is glaring

Wow....so glad I posted. He is not gifted, but driven. He's prepared to spend 6 hours M-F doing school work, but would rather not do more than that.

He is a kid that pays attention in class, does his homework without prodding (or even asking) and gets straight As without having to really 'study' anything.

He's a deep thinker, but not fast to process things. He is adamant about taking two sciences. He is a voracious reader, and his verbal and written skills are solid, far above his public school counter-parts.

He has never liked geometry, but loves algebra, so I think I will revisit the AoPs math (that sounds like it could be a nightmare for him) and maybe drop the Lit class altogether and opt for independent lit study and 2-3 Bravewriter classes.

How does that sound?

That sounds much better. I would still consider making one of those science classes either asynchronous online (Derek Owens) or a home based course. I think your original list would have been 10+ hours per day for most kids. I'm glad you posted and are willing to listen to the feedback! I think you are on your way to a great start at homeschooling high school. :)

ETA I missed your last post about your ds overseeing history and you biology to bring those two home. I think you've got this!

Edited by Momto2Ns
  • Like 4