Menu

Saxon Algebra 1/2

Kristie in Florida

I have my son do tests every four lessons. If there is a topic he doesn't understand well, it will become very apparent on the test. 

It is also possible to identify deficiencies by observing a child's performance on homework assignments. I don't think the tests are absolutely necessary, but they are helpful.

I'm sure I could probably get the test packet and hopefully an answer key pretty cheap (second edition), but just in case I can't, are tests absolutely necessary? I can't believe I'm asking this. (If I was reading this I'd tell myself "Of Course!!!")  So far we only have the textbook and the solutions manual. 

You could do the course as a free at-your-own-pace class at the Virtual Homeschool Group. It is required that the student own the book but the assignments are online and auto-graded; so are examinations. It is required that students achieve 80% or higher in order to progress through the course. If they fall below this mark on an assignment, they need to redo problems until they bring the grade up. If they get below 80% on an exam they need to contact a teacher for tutoring (if necessary) or work with a parent, and then the teacher will reset the test so the student can have another chance (similar, not exactly the same test). The class is designed just like the book - 4 days of new lessons and then an exam on the 5th day.  There are video lessons to be used in addition to reading the lesson in the book - also open office hours for questions if a teacher is needed.

http://www.virtualhomeschoolgroup.org/

• Like 2

You could do the course as a free at-your-own-pace class at the Virtual Homeschool Group. It is required that the student own the book but the assignments are online and auto-graded; so are examinations. It is required that students achieve 80% or higher in order to progress through the course. If they fall below this mark on an assignment, they need to redo problems until they bring the grade up. If they get below 80% on an exam they need to contact a teacher for tutoring (if necessary) or work with a parent, and then the teacher will reset the test so the student can have another chance (similar, not exactly the same test). The class is designed just like the book - 4 days of new lessons and then an exam on the 5th day. There are video lessons to be used in addition to reading the lesson in the book - also open office hours for questions if a teacher is needed.

http://www.virtualhomeschoolgroup.org/

That is epically amazing! Thanks!