Menu

AP Classes? - How to Prep

My dd wants to prep for AP Art History, AP French, and AP World History.

Are there online prep classes in the homeschool world?  Or, what resources would you use to prepare?  She is knowledgeable in these subjects but I understand that there is a particular format she must learn.

I am new to this so if I am not asking the question in the right way, please tell me what I should be asking or looking for. :)

First I would have her take a practice test. Maybe she is all set with the knowledge and she'd only need to practice for format and/or timing.

For most APs you can only find the real, released FRQs (with scoring rubrics and sample essays from actual students) though there are a few old released full exams (multiple choice plus the FRQs) out there. Google hard.

Or you could have her take practice exams from prep companies/publishers. Your library might have many choices available. Barrons tests tend to be harder than the real thing. Princeton Review ones tend to be spot-on for difficulty. Do not use the FRQs from those books. Combine their multiple choices with real FRQs.

Be aware that AP exams are often changed, both in content and in format. I believe World is one that either just changed or will be changed. Make sure you use materials that fit the new format for practice!