Menu

OYAN summer writing workshop

Anyone have a student who has participated in the One Year Adventure Novel (OYAN) summer writing workshop?  DD16 wants to attend this summer and I'm trying to get a third party review.  The cost of the workshop itself seems reasonable but with travel, housing, and meals, it adds up fast.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't, but we have IRL friends who have gone twice. They loved it! I really can't speak to details of the experience, but I know they had a great time and felt like it was valuable. Ds seriously considered it one summer. He has done both OYAN and Other Worlds. I was more than willing to send him. Everything I've heard personally and read, has been very positive.

• Like 1

Thank you for the responses!  I'd given up hope that someone would have some insider opinion to share.  :laugh:

I wouldn't even hesitate if it was within commuting distance. That would be awesome!  It's a two-day drive for us.  Going to try to make it happen for DD.  She's discussing it with other students on the OYAN message boards.  

• Like 1