Menu

What do you use alongside WWE3?

lindsey

I've seen other programs listed for use with kids who use WWE...Fable and something like 'Best Writing Lesson Ever,' for example. If you use something in addition to WWE...what is it? Why do you use it?

I have a rising third grader who's been in public school for K-2. He's been doing a lot of writing in school, standard Core stuff I guess. Just wondering if I should stick with WWE to start or if he'd enjoy something else, too.

Edited by lindsey

My Dd did CAP's Fable along with WWE 3. She writes well and enjoys creative writing. Fable gave her some fun writing that also helped her improve. It was not difficult for her, but she did enjoy it amd learn some things and it broke up the tedium when she found WWE dull. My Dd is a natural CM style narrator and the summarizing in WWE is challenging for her as were the longer dictations. Very good for her to do, but not fun.

We did WWE 2 and 3 and then went to Treasured Conversations and now to Maxwell's School Composition.

• Like 2

I didn't use anything besides WWE3.  My son was using in fourth grade b/c we started with WWE1 in second grade.

I went from WWE 3 in fourth grade to WWS1 in 5th with no problem.

I guess technically I used FLL 4 and R&S spelling 4 with WWE3, but they are not composition. WWE is the only resource I have used for composition with both my boys during the grammar stage.

• Like 2