Menu

History for 4th and 5th grader

cam112198

I am trying to decide on history for my 4th and 5th grader.  They just finished a VP Self-Paced history course, and now I would like to start something else with them.  They haven't had a lot of American history, so I would prefer American history.  I could do another VP Self-Paced course, but I wanted to hear your thoughts.  What have you loved for American history for this age? 

Thank you, ladies! I appreciate your feedback.  I'm trying to decide between doing VP self-paced again, Sonlight, Notgrass, or SOTW.  I have all of the volumes of SOTW.  I know SOTW is world history, but do you think there is enough American history for it to work? I'm thinking volumes 3 and 4. 

There are a bajillion posts here on History of US, but the board's search engine stinks. Try putting - "history of US" site:forums.welltrainedmind.com - on Google.

I'd probably split HoUS into two years for a 4th and 5th grader, or else use the "concise" version that's only four volumes if you want to keep it to one year.