Menu

Do I need R&S TM for Bible Nurture Reader Grade 1?

lacell

We are doing a separate, thorough phonincs and language arts program. I want to purchase Rod and Staff's Grade 1 Bible Nurture Readers. I know that they are largely sight word based, which is not a problem for me. I'm a fan of controlled readers. I like for my child to know how to read/spell every word in a reader before approaching the text. Do the readers list every single new word in the story at the end of the story, so that I can cover them during spelling dictation before having the child read the story? Does the Teacher's Manual do that? I'm trying to avoid the TM if I don't need it because we are not purchasing any other component of the program except the readers. Thanks ahead of time to anyone who can help.

We are doing a separate, thorough phonincs and language arts program. I want to purchase Rod and Staff's Grade 1 Bible Nurture Readers. I know that they are largely sight word based, which is not a problem for me. I'm a fan of controlled readers. I like for my child to know how to read/spell every word in a reader before approaching the text. Do the readers list every single new word in the story at the end of the story, so that I can cover them during spelling dictation before having the child read the story? Does the Teacher's Manual do that? I'm trying to avoid the TM if I don't need it because we are not purchasing any other component of the program except the readers. Thanks ahead of time to anyone who can help.

To get the most out of it? Yes. And the accompanying workbooks.

Thank you. I know I'm not going to do the workbook. Just want to use it as readers. Does the Teacher's Manual show all the new words in each reader? Does the reader already do that?

It's complex. :-)

You can request free curriculum samples by calling the publisher at (606) 522-4348.

If you want only the readers, Pathway readers might be better.

• Like 1

I read the online samples. The only reason I'm wanting to buy the readers is that I like the content. Pathways is sweet but not quite what I'm looking for... I guess I'll just buy the first reader without the guide and see how it goes. If I need it, I can always buy the TM.

• Like 1