Menu

Hard start to our school experiences this week...

So I said I put the kids in school. They started Wed.

My 12 yo is in middle school. I was told the school has been very good this year.

So.....wed he was thrown up against a fence, thursday the same kid threw him up against a wall and the teacher saw...but nothing really was done. Then today during pe a kid tripped him and an 8th grade girl picked him up by the collar and threw him threw a door. UGHHHHH

I had some choice words with the school today. My hubby spoke to the principal tonight and they said they are sitting down and looking at all the videos as the whole school...except pe...is under video recording all day. Then they are going to have mediation on Monday.

The kids are all saying my son is cursing at them. My son said he didnt and told the counselor he was a christian and doesnt say that. He says over and over he didnt do anything to provoke the attacks and the pricipal says he finds it hard to believe that he actually could have started them given his back ground...and that he has only been there 3 days!!!

My 7 yo is in 2nd grade. She went wed ok..then thur and today she screamed like crazy. Ughhh. But once she got in she was fine. But...SHE is the one who wanted to go to school.

My 5 yo who finished K here at home last year was told by FL law she had to go back to K again as she misses the cut off. She was hesitant on wed to go in the class but was fine. Grumpy as can be that day.

Then wed she told the teacher she was bored (per the teacher) and went to sleep in class! I bribed her to do her work today with ice cream and it worked. She said today was better.

Tomorrow they are getting tested for gifted here in my home to see if they qualify then they will get in gifted at school for better classes. But now I am fighting with the school to get her in an advanced reading class at least. They dont want to test her into first...but another teacher I know there told me if she passes a certain test ...they have to put her up to first. She is ready for the work...but she wants to be lazy...so I am not sure how I would go with that.

So that is my story of our week. Ughhh.

I am so sorry you had to experience this. I hope the tapes prove your child did not provoke the attacks. Is there any alternative?

Don't expect the gifted program to be anything more than more work. Sorry to say, but my experience has been very disappointing. Even ds picked up on it--he said he didn't want to test as gifted, because they had to do more work.

I hope things smooth out for you.

Michelle,

Oh, that is just awful about your son!!!!!!!! Man, I would have a hard time keeping him there... Or... not finding those kids and taking care of them myself!!:001_huh:

I hope things get better for you. It has been great for my kids thus far. I think it helps that they are in a magnet school and grades have to be kept up in order to stay in this school. Also, 76% are transfer magnet students, with only 26% neighborhood, so it is almost like a private school.

On the other hand... the boy/girl crazy thing is out of control. My 6th grade daughter has been asked out TWICE!! WHAT??? We are talking 6th grade here!!!!!!!!! SIGH:tongue_smilie:

Blessings,

Jennifer

Well...I know it will be fine. My friend works there and has seen him everyday. She is going to check and see whats going on. Fun fun.

He is the one who was begging to go to school...so I cant imagine he started fighting as his whole reason to go was to make friends. Doesnt make sense.

But you know...the school says its because they are homeschooled and they have to learn to socialize. Ughhh. He has been in school before with no problems. So frustrating. In the meantime the cafeteria lady told me he was the most polite kid she has met in the school.

...the school says its because they are homeschooled and they have to learn to socialize. Ughhh.

In the meantime the cafeteria lady told me he was the most polite kid she has met in the school.

Oh, DON'T get me started on "socialization"! :glare: If they'd put half the importance on learning about history as they do on "learning how to socialize", this nation would be a far better place.

Oh, sorry. I won't start. :willy_nilly: