Menu

Entertaining help...food suggestions?

MedicMom

I am horrible at this.

I am hosting a spa party. An LMT will be giving head and neck massages as well as offering reflexology for a super discounted price. And my sister is giving herbal foot soaks and facials also at steep discounts. Think a facial and a massage for around $15.

What do I serve??? I am a horrible cook and I don't entertain often. I have two people coming who are gluten free but there are no other food restrictions.

Thoughts?? This is totally not my area of expertise.

How about a plate of fruit with a yogurt dip?  You could also make cupcakes or squares or the Pioneer Woman's 4th of July Cake.  I make the 4th of July cake a couple of times a year and everyone always loves it, plus it looks impressive.  I think if you had a fruit plate, and a couple of different baked treats that would probably be lots.  I'm not sure that people would be expecting a lot of food at a spa party.  Although, you could add fancy crackers and goat cheese as well.  

A few ideas:

fruit platter

vegetable platter

hummus and crackers

cheese and crackers

chicken salad sandwiches (I buy a huge tub of chicken salad premade from Costco.  I would serve with mini rolls or croissants so people can make a sandwich if they choose.   Sometimes I put out bowls of things people can mix in to their own chicken salad - pecans or walnuts, diced apples, raisins, craisins - whatever people may want to add.)

shrimp with cocktail sauce

mini quiches (premade, frozen section of Costco)

drinks (wines, sangria, a cocktail of some type - these would be standard in the circles I run around in but may not be the norm elsewhere.  I would also do a pitcher of water with lemon, water with cucumber, iced tea, lemonade - that sort of thing)

something sweet (cookies, brownies, that sort of thing)

I like to entertain, and depending on the number of expected guests I try to stick to at least one snack/pick at thing (veg tray, hummus, cheese/crackers), at least one finger food (mini quiches, shrimp, chix salad), and at least one sweet (fruit or baked goods).

Enjoy your party - it sounds like a lot of fun!!

• Like 1