Menu

Please Walk Me Through The Exploratory Latin Exam Registration

I'm trying to sign up my DS for the ELE, and I am not sure what to purchase through their online site. The test itself appears to be $4, plus $15 shipping. But, there are also teaching packets. What exactly do I need to order to prep him? Also, it asks for a test date when I place the order. Can I proctor the ELE, or do I need to arrange it with someone? Thanks so much for your assistance!

You pick a window to give the test in. I usually pick the same as the National Mythology Exam so I can give both on the same day. The NME and ELE can be proctored by a parent, and in my group we usually trade off kids since we have groups testing in a couple of different rooms at the same time.

They send a syllabus to prepare. The packets are better for a group than for individuals, unless your kids like cute worksheets. Honestly, the best prep for the ELE is Song School Latin. I'd say it covers about 90% of the vocabulary.

• Like 1

You pick a window to give the test in. I usually pick the same as the National Mythology Exam so I can give both on the same day. The NME and ELE can be proctored by a parent, and in my group we usually trade off kids since we have groups testing in a couple of different rooms at the same time.

They send a syllabus to prepare. The packets are better for a group than for individuals, unless your kids like cute worksheets. Honestly, the best prep for the ELE is Song School Latin. I'd say it covers about 90% of the vocabulary.

He is already doing the DVD and workbook for SSL2, and we play Go Piscis with the Monkey Match flashcards. This is the ELE syllabus for this year:

http://etclassics.org/uploads/assets/files/Exploratory_Complete_Syllabus_2015_2016.pdf

So, we don't need any of the teacher packets at all? Like this: http://www.aclclassics.org/store/teaching-packets/e15-cd-version.html

I just pay the $19 for the exam and shipping? (Not sure we will do the NME this year. I was thinking we'd do it when we cover Ancients again in history.)

The $19 will do it. I bought the packets when I was leading a group preparing for it. There are some nice activities for a group (it seems to be designed for a 6-8 week daily unit or a weekly exploratory class in PS), and a CD of songs. SSL overlaps quote well and is better done (and when I did it in a group, I used a lot of SSL songs...don't tell the 6th graders!).

• Like 1