Menu

Whew, nobody told me it was going to be this hard!!!

Kim in SouthGa

I'm so proud of my dd (my 2nd to go off to college).  She is getting to interview for 2 major scholarships so far, but both fell on the same weekend!  So now we are doing the run around trying to figure it out.  Looks like she will have to fly to NYC twice-once for the scholarship, once for their big visitation event-in the span of 3 weeks.  Thankful, hate to complain, but oh. my. word.  She is running me ragged!!

• Like 5

I agree, much harder than I thought, between DE and applications, ds is wiped out, and we haven't even entered the flying off for interviews yet.  Congrats to your dd!  I hope we get the opportunity, too.  

Are anyone else's holidays impacted?  Ds finished the apps due 11/1 just before dark on Halloween night, we proofread them all, turned off the lights, and decided the neighborhood kids would have to get candy somewhere else!  I'm at the point of telling the extended family that I just can't do Thanksgiving this year.  Ds has 3 applications  and two projects for college classes due 12/1.  I can't possible make the holiday happen without his help (it's very funny that I thought he would be off all that week and we'd have a real holiday!)  

On the upside: I'm packing up the car and we are leaving town after his last final.  School doesn't start back until Jan. 11 and most of the scholarship apps don't seem to be due until Jan. 15.  (I haven't made reservations anywhere yet, just in case he has to go for an interview that week, but I'm thinking Disney World!) 

Good Luck to your DD!

• Like 1