Menu

HOD or TGTL

Blessed with seven

UGH!  Thought I was going with Trail Guide to Learning POE.  I am wanting something very well laid out with all the book selections etc...I want the planning done for me.  I am tyring to think ahead.  I have a daughter do Creation to Christ but by 3 youngest, 1st, 4th and 6th, trying to fit in together, loosely with my 1st grader.

I just can't decide, the older one would be needing HS level by the time we are done with the 3 levels of American history but would be too old to start creation to Christ?

Anyway...just wanting a good plan for them.  I am going with one of these programs so if you have use one with seven kiddos or have suggestions please let me know.  I am staying with either HOD Preparing or TGTL POE.

Thanks,

Kim

Well, I'm not sure I totally understand what you are asking, but I will say you can't use HOD with 7 different kids if you are wanting to use one guide. It's written by skill level and age, not what period of history you want to study.

I've got them both so let me know if you have any specific questions. (POE and CTC) Like I said, I'm not really sure what you are wanting to know.

Feel free to pm me!

Poppy

Okay, I am using CTC with my 13 year old.  That is a for sure.  my younger 3 are 1st, 4th and 6th.  I really want to use TGTL but am wondering how that will work for my 6th grader if we do all three of the American history ones??  I had thought doing Preparing  but just am not sure.  I am not going to do a separate program for my 1st grader, he is not at Preparing level at all or TGTL but can sit in on read alouds etc..

Bigger is great for American history. My 7yo is doing it now. We will hit CtC by 4th grade unless we choose to slow down a bit. Why don't you have your 6th grader at least doing CtC? Then your younger could do Bigger. Or the older two could do CtC (at different speeds if they learn differently) and the younger ones TGTL.

I'll chime back in and say my 11 year old dd is loving CTC. It's been great!!!! I have bought 2 of the younger HOD levels and I didn't like them as much. People rave about them and I see why, but they were just too teacher intensive for me since I have more than 1 kiddo.

We have enjoyed TGTL for the younger ones as well. Not as much at CTC, but more than the younger HOD guides. I like that you can adjust to your kids level with TG. We also have liked the notebooking and lapbooking for POE.

I'm sure that's not helpful, but thought is add my 2 cents :)

• Like 1