Menu

Sigh. I'm so disappointed.

I can't go into details, but there was something I was looking forward to. Really looking forward to.

But now something has changed, and it's not going to be the same. In fact, it's now probably going to border on stressful and uncomfortable for me.

I understand the reason for the change, but the inner brat in me doesn't like it. Not doing this thing isn't an option, as the benefit still far outweighs my negative feelings.

I need to start praying for a happy, gracious heart. Just wanted to get my whine out first.

:grouphug:

When my dad was in ICU for a month, an aunt told my bro that my sis & I were "bad daughters" because we didn't stay at the hospital 24/7. Sis was 4 hrs away, & I was 1 hr away.

A yr later, when sis, bro, grm, & I made arrangements to spread dad's ashes, I found out *after* we were already *on the road* that aunt was coming w/ grm. This was for a weekend in Galveston, hanging out at all of dad's old favorite spots. Sharing a beach house.

I don't know what's going on for you, but I feel your pain. :grouphug:

:grouphug:

When my dad was in ICU for a month, an aunt told my bro that my sis & I were "bad daughters" because we didn't stay at the hospital 24/7. Sis was 4 hrs away, & I was 1 hr away.

A yr later, when sis, bro, grm, & I made arrangements to spread dad's ashes, I found out *after* we were already *on the road* that aunt was coming w/ grm. This was for a weekend in Galveston, hanging out at all of dad's old favorite spots. Sharing a beach house.

I don't know what's going on for you, but I feel your pain. :grouphug:

This is horrible, Aubrey. I hope you know your aunt was VERY wrong.

I can't go into details, but there was something I was looking forward to. Really looking forward to.

But now something has changed, and it's not going to be the same. In fact, it's now probably going to border on stressful and uncomfortable for me.

I understand the reason for the change, but the inner brat in me doesn't like it. Not doing this thing isn't an option, as the benefit still far outweighs my negative feelings.

I need to start praying for a happy, gracious heart. Just wanted to get my whine out first.

Sounds like a bummer. Hope that it will be better than you're expecting somehow, even if it's just some extra joyful moments.

Dh and I had an event a couple years ago that we were just going to grin-and-bear-it through, so many aspects of it were just at odds for us. We ended up having an amazing reunion, completely unexpected, in the midst of all the rest that was still pretty much as we'd anticipated.

It was such a gift to both of us. Hoping you'll have something similar, large or small.

:001_smile: