Menu

Hake Grammar for 7th?

We just finished up Easy Grammar 6. I just realized the next book would be Easy Grammar Plus. I would like to do Grammar for another 2 years and thinking of switching to Hake/Saxon. 

I am not interested in their writing portion (I'm still undecided on a writing program). Those of you doing it without doing the writing portion, how do you go about this? Is the Writing portion just intertwined in the curriculum and you just skip over those lessons or is it a completely separate book? 

We do Hake Grammar 6 and the writing portion is it's own book. The schedulle tells you when to use each writing lesson but you can skip over it for sure. :)

So, I'm assuming I would still purchase the "set"? I'm buying from Christian Books. Do I purchase separately so that the writing book (if it's separate) is not included? 

We have used it for 3 years.  By far, it is both my 7th grade dd and my favorite grammar program (having tried  FLL, AG, Easy Grammar, and R&S)!  We only use the grammar lessons, and just skip the writing (we use IEW).  It works out to about 3 or 4 lessons per week doing it that way I believe. If you want to purchase separately, you don't need the student workbook which is where the writing assignments are. All you need is the student text and teacher's guide.  I think that is cheaper than the set.